Sunday, March 11, 2012

Who is going with us?

     Let's be honest for a second..... Have you ever been part of a trip where different people outside your family were going together? You get to the meeting point and you're all excited about where you're going. You can't wait to get on the road and enjoy the time you have with friends. Then, it happens. You have the one person that is kind of the odd person out, the one that is just a little different, has to ride with you because your family were the ones crazy enough to buy the bigger vehicle.
     What does this do to you? In that one second, you place in your mind that your trip is now ruined. You contemplate even getting really sick really quick to get out of task of taking this person. After all, you didn't invite this person on the trip. Why should I haul this person? One reason, this person is part of the group. Maybe I didn't invite them, but somebody I really care about did.
     Casting Crowns sings a song " If we are the Body". In that song, there is a line that says " who are we that we get to pick and choose who should get to come?". I came glad that when I was a young boy somebody felt the need to take me along on the trip. The trip to Heaven to be with Jesus eternally.
     It doesn't matter whats on the outside of man, they all need Jesus and we should want to take them along on the trip. May it be our desire to go after the lost with zeal no matter where they are, no matter who they are.

I am John Sowders and I am Second

No comments:

Post a Comment