Friday, March 9, 2012

Remembering the main thing,,,,,

     I was on my way home from work one evening and as a normal routine my wife calls to ask me to stop and get some diapers for Reese, my beautiful daughter. I pull into the grocery store lot with expectations of a quick trip very grateful I only have to get one thing. As I walk into the store, I grab a cart because I thought I might as well get some soft drinks while I am here. That's something you can never have too much of in our home. As I am loading the soft drinks in the cart, I decide to go ahead and get some chips. I exit this isle and notice the milk, better get a gallon of that. What goes good with milk? cookies that is right so I went got some of those. Oh, I thought, I better get some chicken nuggets. I should have bought stock in Tyson chicken nuggets.
     My buggy that I was just going to use for soft drinks is now piling up so I believe it is time to head to the register. Don't you love it when these stores put everything you shouldn't have but crave on your left and to the right all the magazines that tells you how to lose to weight. Anyway, I paid for my groceries and left the building. I loaded the groceries in my truck and drove toward the bliss that we call home.
     I know what you're thinking. You have been trying to get my attention while I walked up and down some of those isles. You're right I didn't go down the most important isle, the baby supply isle. I remember that I am an idiot when Christina said this is all good but where are the diapers I asked you to get?
     She was right. All the things I bought were good things and we would use them eventually. I kept telling myself that anyway. The abiding truth still remained. If we didn't diapers, she wouldn't have asked me to stop and get them. Although it isn't far to the grocery store from my house, it still felt like a long drive back.
     Have you forgotten the main thing? What is the main thing?
     The main thing in all of our lives is our relationship with Jesus Christ. It is the position that we place Him in our daily lives. It sounds so easy coming out of our mouth to place Christ first but there are so many distractions. There are so many things and people that catches our eye and draws our attention away. They are good things: good causes, good people, but in the midst of those good causes and good people is Christ who desires to be first place in the way we operate around those good causes and good people.
     My hearts desire is to place Christ first in everything I do and say!!!!

I am John Sowders and I am Second..!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment