Saturday, March 10, 2012

There is nothing like a Loyal Friend....

     Through my life I have had many people that has walked into my life that I called friend, but only to find out, they were merely people passing through. It always seems that good times and bad times causes some to stay and some to leave. However, there is a very small number in your life that stands with you no matter what life throws your way. This is a friend, a true friend. I am very thankful for my small number of close friends. What do you look for in a friend? Common interest, loyalty, forgiving spirit, a good ear, and a willingness to always be there are a few characteristics that we all look for in our friends.
     Do you think it was those qualities that brought Shradrach, Meshach, and Abednego together? I really don't know what brought those three together but whatever it was, they had something really special. I would like to take a quick look at one of the episodes in these three friends lives.
     King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel Chapter 3 had a huge golden image of a man erected for the people to worship. He told the people when they heard the music playing, they were suppose to bow down and worship the image. Well as you may know, these said not a chance, we will not bow down because we serve a living God not one made of wood and covered in gold.
     They had:
  I. Confidence rooted in their Theology
         A) Whose you are defines Who you are
                      - all three were servants of God
 II. Convictions
         A) Their Convictions were not Conditional
                      - with a huge crowd looking on, they said No to this world and Yes to God
                      - We will not bow down to the golden image
III. Confession
         A) Our God Is Able to deliver us, but if He doesn't we still won't bow down
                       -Daniel 3:24-25-King Nebuchadnezzar, "did not we not cast three bound into the burning firey  furnace and they said true oh King, He said lo I see four loose walking in the fire and the fourth looks like the Son of God."
                       -they had Fellowship with the Father in the Flames
                       -to have Fellowship IN the Flames, you have to have Fellowship BEFORE the Flames
 IV. Communion
          A) They did it together
                       -have you ever wondered what would have happened if one of them refused

Do you think you have any friends like Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego? I can honestly say I know I do, and I thank God for them everyday. The important thing we all must remember is one important truth. To have a true friend, I must be a true friend.
I am John Sowders and I am Second...!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment