Sunday, March 18, 2012

Serving Christ regardless.....

     When Christina and I said our vows to each other in marriage, we both said for better or worse. for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. It was a commitment we made to each other. Regardless of what comes, we face it together. Sounds easy enough one would think, but there has to be a catch or a hidden secret. Well I suppose there really is something that enables you to do this. After all, when the promise is made neither of us knew what that would entail. How do you keep a promise for something you don't even know? Are you ready for this big secret? Fall in Love.....
     I loved Christina the day we got married, but nothing compared to today. I have fallen head over heels in love with her. I don't just love her, I am in love with her. I desire to be in her presence and soak up the love she has for me as I extend to her my love and appreciation. When everyday life comes our way, we take it on, not with knowledge or understanding but with love.
     Regardless........... powerful word...
     When Christ was carrying out the plan to extend Gods love through the redemption story, it would have been easy to have gotten detoured. Maybe if  it was us, it might have been. After all, they wanted to make Jesus King. That sounds awesome to us. Wouldn't you want to be king? The only problem with the people's plan was Jesus was already King. Regardless of what Jesus was faced with, He showed us how much he loved us by dying on the cross for my sins. Regardless of the pain and the agony, he carried out His plan.
     Regardless..........Determined word...
     In Psalms 103:12, we are told that God throws our sin as far as the east is from the west. Wow, As long as you're going east, you never go west and as long as you're going west, you never go east. He has thrown it away. My response to Him should be nothing but love and service. I know what you're saying, "I love Jesus", didn't you see my bumper sticker. Its more than that, it is a deep love. I want to fall in love with Him. The "I want to curl up on the couch with Him" love. I want to embrace Him. After all, he kind of expects it. I am His bride. Not His wife, but I am his bride. He still opens the door for me. He wants to hold my hand at the dinner table. It is easy for Christina to love me when I do those things for her. She loves me regardless.
     Regardless.........Only word...

I am John Sowders and I am Second..!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment