Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If it was a snake...........

     This past Sunday morning was going as planned and right on time. We were going through the normal routine of a Sunday. Everyone is dressed and ready to go. I have my Bible and Reese's bag. Okay, let's go. It was raining a little bit on this particular Sunday morning so I had went out earlier and pulled the car in the garage so the kids wouldn't get wet. Yea, you guessed it somehow in that process the keys got locked up in the car. Have you been there? I honestly think you lose every bit of common sense in you at that moment. I know I did. I was still okay on time but you would have thought I was given the 30 seconds to find the spare key or die command. You know that feeling. I looked everywhere we would have put the spare key but I couldn't find it. I was running like a wild man around the house. After all, I only have 13 seconds on the clock left to find the spare key.
     I finally gave up and had Chase take us in the truck so he could come back and get his mother. A feeling of defeat and a feeling of running behind flying through my body. We made it to church in plenty of time. Once there, it was no big deal and noone was the wiser about my near death experience. At least, that was the way I was acting.
     After church, we are walking out and I notice the car is in the parking lot instead of the truck. Where did you find the keys? Christina told me it took Chase 30 seconds to find them. He found them, you guessed it, right where I had looked. How could I have not seen them? You question the person who tells you where they found it. One of our replies is, " there is no way I didn't see it if it was there".
     However, this happens in our life everyday. We are so caught up in the things that create a busy life that we can't and don't see things that are right in front of our eyes. A friend who needs a helping hand or someone in the doctor's office who needs a word of encouragement. It could be the new guy that your company just hired that needs to know Jesus as his Savior.
     It is my prayer that we relax and not let the things of the world to preoccupy us or stir emotions in us that causes us to be detoured from our task at hand.

I am John Sowders and I am Second..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment