Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A lesson from Bo......

As I sit here today looking at my border collie named Bo laying under the coffee table on the rug asleep, I can't help but wonder what goes through his mind from time to time. Just a couple of weeks ago Bo was at an animal shelter with an uncertain future. His future possibly included an early death. However, Christina saw him and sought him out, paid to have him released and now his future is bright and enjoyable. He did look sad all locked up in that cage that bound him, for he was made to run on a farm.
     There is something really funny about Bo since we gave him his new life. He doesn't really want to hang out with the other dogs. He wants to be right where his master is on the inside of the home. Though he was born with a nature to run and play, he is very content to lay in the floor at his masters feet.
     I was in that cage once myself. I was bound not by wires but by sin. I was captive to it and death was my certain future. Jesus saw me in that cage and went to the cross to pay my debt. I couldn't pay it myself, just like ole Bo could not get himself out of the situation he was in.
     I find myself with a burning desire to follow in Bo's footsteps and spend my time at the master's feet. I believe Bo knows what we did for him that day and doesn't want spend his day with trivial things but would rather be close to his master. My time in the last few days have been spent doing just that, seeking out my master. My hearts desire is to follow Him wherever He may go. I know what Christ did for me and my life is an expression of my gratitude to Him.
     This isn't easy.... My mind races constantly about where God wants me and how I am supposed to use my gifts that he has given me for His Glory. So, here I am talking to you in an endeavor to find where and how God will use me............
     Master, here I am...........

No comments:

Post a Comment