Thursday, May 10, 2012

Great Reminders.....

     Maybe you are like me and no matter how hard you try, you forget somethings from time to time. Remember when people use to tie a string around their wrist or finger to remind them that they need to remember something. Well that didn't work for me I would forget why I tied it there. You may have had moments like when you leave one room to go to another to do something. Somebody asks you a question while you're walking and the next thing you know, you're standing in the middle of a room with no clue why you're there. just think how much money Post It has made off of those cute little sticky notes. A simple piece of paper with a sticky edge to place on anything, anywhere to remind us of almost anything.
     Well my sticky note yesterday came in the form of my beautiful wife. She reminded me of the awesomeness of God's Word. She shared with me how reading books are great but there is nothing compared to opening up the scripture and reading it. She shared with me how she had thrown her highlighter in her Bible and when she went back to open the Bible up, it was in Hebrews. A conversation ensued about Abraham and Isaac. We shared and talked for a while about what really took place on that mountain. We got to talk about the intention of the heart and God's faithfulness to the faithful.
     I continued my reading in the book of Hebrews this morning. God reminded of a verse that I had marked in my Bible from years ago. Hebrews 13:6, "We can confidently say, The Lord is my helper and I will NOT be afraid". Isn't God's word awesome!!!! He is our great helper. He is a very present help in time of trouble. Our God is an awesome God, He reigns.......
     What to do with this sticky note reminder:
1. Don't get so busy reading about God that you don't read from God
2. Don't forget how awesome it is to share and discuss scripture with you spouse.
3. Don't forget God is with you today,,, take Him along

I am John Sowders and I Second,,!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment