Friday, May 18, 2012

And the Two shall become One....with Christ

     I have spoken on here about many topics of interest. I have shared my heart and passion for Christ. I have dealt with our relationship with Christ on many levels. Today I want to thank God for His providence and foresight. I do not want to take up this space today to discuss the theological aspects of the foreknowledge of God. I am simply going to discuss it on the basis of its truth.
     I want to focus my attention today on one particular area that God knew exactly what I would need and moved in a mighty way to make it come to pass. The area I am speaking of is when God allowed mine and Christina's path to cross. When I think about alot of the things that had to have happened in order for us to be around each other, it is amazing. There were moments in our life where people said yes to things that brought it along. There were times when we were told no that caused a shift or move that brought about other things that put us in the same place. Remember that a no that comes your way may not be a bad thing.
     By her own admission, she will tell you that she pursued me.... Although funny and unbelievable, it is true. We were at a high school basketball game and she walked right up to me in the lobby and struck up a conversation that was very purposeful. I knew when she walked away that we would end up together. I was so convinced that when I went back in and sat down after halftime she stopped and talked to someone else enrout to her seat, I didn't like it. I knew right then I was in love.
     God knew exactly the woman I would need to walk into my life and give me reason for existing again. He knew I would need someone to be patient with me while He was working on me because I would rebel. He created her just for me. When I gave in and surrendered my life and heart to God, He had already prepared her and she was more than ready to devote her life to Christ. I just love her with all my heart. She amazes me everyday with her faith. She is a remarkable woman and I am one very fortunate man.
     Life is full of challenges. Saying yes to God doesn't mean that trouble will not find its way into your life no matter how many times you hear Joel Osteen tell you it won't. Joel Osteen, there is a topic for another day. Anyway I digress, Christina is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine taking one step in this world without her. We grow deeper in our relationship each day due to our relationship with Christ growing deeper each day.
     The two shall become one,,, with Christ.....

I am John Sowders and I am Second...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment