Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Come to the Well......

     When I was in school, I played football. I can remember those hot summer days when we would practice twice a day. You would get so hot and thirsty. When the coach would half way show a heart and let you get a drink of water, it helped but made it worse all at the same time. The water was the greatest thing in the world but once you got that first drink, you wanted another drink in 5 minutes. I was thirsty and the water just didn't satisfy I thirst. Perhaps you didn't play ball and don't really know how that feels, but you have drank a glass of orange juice and the juice made you thirsty so you had to drink something else. Okay, okay,,, I get it none of this applies to you so I will pull out the big gun. When I go to Long John Silvers, I cannot get enough to drink. I mean I need it in a tube just shooting straight into me. There is something about the grease they use or something. Especially if you eat some of the crumbs, you will die of thirst all day and no matter what you drink, nothing satisfies or quenches your thirst.
     Our lives in the middle of this world is just like that. Even when you think you have found something to satisfy, you eventually find out that it left a void. You search and search but you still feel empty on the inside. We chase dreams and have ambitions and there is nothing wrong with having dreams, but the dream itself will leave you empty and hollow. This world will leave you high and dry in a moments notice.
     This is where I invite you to come to The Well. The Well that will never run dry or leave you standing alone and thirsty. Jesus came to a woman near Sychar at Jacob's Well. He discussed with her about her past and then talked with her about her future. He told her if she drank from the water from this well she was at, she would thirst again, but if she drank from Him, she would never thirst again. Jesus knew her whole story but yet He met her where she was and how she was. You don't have to fix things before you come to Jesus. Just simply come as you are to The Well.
I am John Sowders and I am Second..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment